Cobra Multirotor Speed Controllers are designed to be the perfect compliment to the Cobra Multirotor motors, but can also be used with virtually any brand brushless motor. These speed controllers come with the latest BL-Heli firmware installed and are able to accept refresh rates of up to 600 Hz from your flight controller board. They come set up and ready to go from the factory, so in most cases, no programming of any kind is required. If the user wishes to upgrade the firmware, make changes, or switch to the new One-Shot firmware, this can be done with the optional USB ESC Programmer, which is available separately. This ESC uses the BB21 MCU, so make sure that the correct firmware is installed when changes are made.
The Cobra CP-30A Speed Controller does not provide BEC voltage to power your receiver or servos. A separate battery or BEC circuit is required when using these speed controllers. In most cases, you can use a power distribution board with a built-in 5 volt switching regulator circuit. The control lead on this ESC only has the Signal and Ground connections, so there is no need to pull the red wire out of the connector.
The Cobra CP-30A Multirotor ESC comes with pre-tinned 18 AWG battery input leads, which are 95mm (3.75 inches) long but can be cut as needed for installation purposes. This ESC features pre-tinned output pads, so the motor leads can be soldered directly to the ESC if desired. Also included with the ESC are a set of three 18 AWG motor output leads which are 95mm (3.75 inches) in length. These can be soldered to the ESC if you need to reach further to get to the motors. The total weight of the CP-30A ESC, including the battery input leads and the control lead is 6.2 grams.
Cobra Multirotor Speed Controller Features
• Easy Set-up and Operation
• Throttle Range automatically detected and set for smooth, linear throttle response
• 600 Hz refresh rate is compatible with most flight controllers on the market
• ESC's ship with BL-Heli Firmware which can be switched to One-Shot if desired
• Optional USB programming interface available for easy Firmware updates
• Safe Start-Up: The ESC will not arm until the throttle is in the idle position
• PWM Frequency is set to 20KHz for best operation on a wide range of motors
• Over Temp Protection: Shuts down the ESC output if the temperature exceeds 230F (110C)
|Weight (With Battery Leads)||6.2 grams (0.22 oz)|
|Max Continuous Current||30 Amps|
|Burst Current rating (15s)||35 Amps|
|ESC Microprocessor||BB21 MCU|
|Operating Voltage Range||6 to 16 Volts|
|Number of Li-Po cells||2 to 4 cells|
|BEC Output||None (Opto)|
|ESC Size (Inc. Caps, in mm)||29 x 15 x 4|
|ESC Size (Inc. Caps, in inches)||1.14 x 0.59 x 0.16|