The HobbyZone® AeroScout™ S makes learning to fly an RC (radio controlled) airplane easier and more fun than ever before! It's the perfect trainer because it's very durable and is equipped with exclusive SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology that helps to prevent overcontrol, loss of orientation and crashes so nearly everyone can learn to fly successfully. It also features Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes so you can choose the level of stability and control you need at the flip of a switch.
- 100% complete including a controller/transmitter, battery and charger so there's nothing extra to buy or provide
- Equipped with exclusive SAFE® technology that helps prevent crashes and makes it easy to learn how to fly
- Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes you can easily change between at the flip of a switch
- Panic Recovery mode at the push of a button to prevent loss of control and crashes
- Spektrum DXe controller/transmitter with industry-leading DSMX® 2.4GHz technology for reliable control without interference
- Spektrum 2200mAh 3S 11.1V Smart LiPo battery and S120 USB-C Smart charger for easier and safer charging
- Powerful and efficient brushless power system for excellent performance and long flight times
- "Pusher" power configuration for improved safety plus better propeller and motor protection
- Oversized tires and steerable nose wheel for easy takeoffs and landings on grass and other surfaces
- Capable of aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls and upside down (inverted) flight
- Lightweight yet extremely durable EPO construction perfect for first-time pilots
- Full line of replacement/spare parts available
- Nothing! Everything you need to begin having fun with the HobbyZone®AeroScout™ S 1.1m is in the box.
- (1) HobbyZone AeroScout S 1.1m with:
- (1) 30A Brushless ESC (installed)
- (1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
- (4) Sub-Micro Servos (installed)
- (1) Spektrum™ AR636 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
- (1) Spektrum DXe Controller/Transmitter
- (1) Spektrum 2200mAh 3S 11.1V Smart LiPo Battery
- (1) Spektrum S120 USB-C Smart Charger
- (4) AA Alkaline Batteries (for the DXe controller/transmitter)
- (1) Product Manual
Welcome to the exciting world of RC (Radio Controlled) flight! If you've ever dreamed of taking to the skies, Horizon Hobby has you covered. We are committed to engineering aircraft that you can learn to fly with successfully even if you've never flown RC before. Every HobbyZone® aircraft we offer features industry-leading design and technology developed by experts to keep you in control and learning at your own pace so you can turn your dreams of flight into a reality!
The HobbyZone® AeroScout™ S is the perfect trainer because it makes learning to fly an RC airplane easier and more fun than ever before! It's equipped with exclusive SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology that helps to prevent overcontrol, loss of orientation and crashes so nearly everyone can learn to fly successfully. Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced modes allow you to choose the level of stability and control you need, or are ready to try, at the flip of a switch. Plus you can instantly return to steady flight using Panic Recovery with the push of a button in any flight mode. Its unique "pusher" power configuration offers improved safety along with better propeller and motor protection, and its built with advanced EPO material that makes it extremely durable. Oversized tires and a steerable nose wheel make it easy to take off from and land on a variety of surfaces including grass at large parks, soccer and other suitable flying fields. The Ready-To-Fly (RTF) version includes a Spektrum DXe controller/transmitter equipped with industry-leading DSMX® 2.4GHz control technology, plus a Spektrum Smart LiPo battery and charger that make it easier and safer to charge. That means there's nothing extra you need to buy or provide before you can fly!
And the fun doesn't stop after you learn how to fly! The powerful and efficient brushless power system delivers long flight times and provides plenty of speed and power to perform aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls and even inverted (upside down) flight. Plus, the lightweight design and low wing loading deliver a very wide flight envelope and incredible handling that even experienced pilots will appreciate and enjoy. The BNF Basic version (HBZ3850) is the perfect choice for those pilots because it allows them to use their favorite Spektrum™ transmitter along with batteries and chargers they may already own to fly with.
Spektrum Smart Battery and Charger
The RTF version includes a Spektrum 3S 2200mAh Smart LiPo battery that delivers long flight times, plus an S120 USB-C Smart charger that can be used with a variety of USB power sources. Simply connect the battery to the charger, and the exclusive Smart Technology will determine and start charging at the best rate to properly and safely charge the battery automatically.
The AeroScout's unique design and "pusher" power configuration helps to protect the propeller and motor while also offering improved safety. Plus its construction with advanced EPO material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe that's tough enough to handle everyday flying punishment without getting bent out of shape. And in the unfortunate event you damage any airframe parts or components and can't repair them, a full line of replacement parts is readily available.
The AeroScout S 1.1m arrives mostly factory-assembled with the power system, receiver and servos installed. All you need to do is finish some quick and easy final assembly, without the use of glue or special tools, and you'll be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
The wide-stance tricycle landing gear with oversized tires and a steerable nose wheel offers improved ground handling for easier take offs and landings on a wide variety of surfaces from pavement to grass and even dirt.
This Ready-To-Fly (RTF) version includes a controller/transmitter equipped with Spektrum DSMX® 2.4GHz technology and everything else you need to fly including AA batteries for the transmitter, a rechargeable lithium polymer battery for the airplane and a charger. That means there's nothing extra to buy or provide so you can fly! The included transmitter can also be used with other Bind-N-Fly® (BNF) RC aircraft.
Learn to Fly Successfully with SAFE® Technology
If this is your first RC airplane, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the controls, revolutionary and Horizon Hobby-exclusive SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology prevents overcontrol, loss of orientation and crashes. It also offers multiple modes that deliver more control as your skills progress at the flip of a switch:
In this mode, the airplane has limited pitch (up/down) and bank (left/right) angles that prevent overcontrol which could lead to a loss of orientation and a crash. When the control sticks are released, the airplane automatically returns to level flight allowing you to relax and enjoy simply 'steering' the airplane through the sky. Best of all, takeoffs are as simple as giving full throttle and letting the airplane fly off a suitable surface, or by giving it a quick hand launch, and landings are as easy as lowering the throttle and letting it glide to a landing on its own.
More freedom in pitch and bank, but still prevents overcontrol and does not return to level flight on its own. This mode allows you to make tighter turns in smaller areas and to climb and descend faster as your skills advance.
In this flight mode there are no pitch or bank angle limits so you have complete control! You can even fly inverted (upside down) and perform aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls, stall turns, knife edge flight and more.